Volume 7 Issue 1
7. How many myxomycete cells are there in wood?
Taylor et al. (2017)
5. Soil physicochemical properties and its relationship with AMF spore density under two cropping systems.
Nongkling P and Kayang H (2017)
4. Two Lactarius species mycorrhizal with Cistus laurifolius in Turkey
Çolak et al. (2017)
3. Molecular finger prints of Pleurotus tuber-regium from oil contaminated soils
Anyakorah et al. (2017)
1. Wood-rotting fungi in two forest stands of Kohima, north-east India: a preliminary report
Chuzho et al. (2017)
Volume 6 Issue 4
11. Lichens of the Western Ghats new to India
Joshi S and Upreti DK (2016)
10. An updated taxonomic key on graphidoid taxa from the foot hills of Indian Himalaya
Mishra et al. (2016)
Current Research in Environmental & Applied Mycology (CREAM) publishes reviews, research articles, methodology papers, taxonomic works such as monographs, and checklists which relevant to fungal biology, including lichens. The official journal language is English.
Manuscript preparation - General requirements
A proper and quick processing of your manuscript requires a clean manuscript regarding both its scientific content and its formatting. Detailed information on the layout/template can be found in 'Template_CREAM_2017' or download the most recently published papers.
Generally, the main text in the manuscript, including legends to illustrations, should be written in Times New Roman, 12 pt, single-spaced throughout. Latin names of genera and species must be italicised. Hyphenation must be avoided throughout (switch off automatic hyphenation).
No special formatting options should be used. All pages should be numbered in the bottom right corner of each page. After the acceptance of a paper with new scientific names, authors must register the names in Index Fungorum and obtain Index Fungorum number for each new name (see www.indexfungorum.org) and Faces of fungi numbers (for each taxa, see http://www.facesoffungi.org/). These are to be given immediately below the new name (see template)
Submission of manuscripts
Please submit your manuscript electronically as e-mail attachments. Manuscripts, which are not prepared according to our template, will be sent back for reformatting. See 'Template_CREAM_2017'.
Electronic submission guidelines
The following files are required:
- A word file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates,
- A PDF file of properly structured/formatted manuscript containing the full text including tables and figures/plates for review purposes.
- Please send the names, affiliations and emails of three potential referees.
Important: The plates and tables should be placed in the text at the appropriate point where you would like to see them published
Submission of revised manuscripts
Accepted papers must be revised and submitted by carefully following the formatting instructions and submitted as a revised final version ready for publication with high quality figures and tables. If the manuscript has not been structured/formatted in the journal style it will be sent back for further formatting.
Figures in the revised version should be sent separately as JPEG files. Electronic figures must be captured at or above 300 dpi resolution. Single photographs that need mounting together are not acceptable.
No charge is made by CREAM for publication even for colour plates.
Tables, Figures and legends
Prepare tables with the table format feature of your word processor and ensure that each data entry is in its own cell; do not use tabs, spaces, graphics and boxes. Tables (and illustrations) must be referred to in the text.
Please note that all terms in the top-line and the left column must begin with a capital letter.
Do not use vertical lines in the table.
All entries should be left-aligned. For mere numerical data align the columns of numbers by their decimal points using word processor decimal tabs. Also, place a zero before the decimal point of numbers less than 1 (e.g. 0.1)
Please develop the format of references according to the Template_CREAM_2016
All citations should be listed alphabetically in the ‘References’ see the format of references in template. In the text, authors should be cited chronologically
1. Manuscripts will be sent to the EIC to consider whether the manuscript is suitable for publication in CREAM
2. If the manuscript is deemed suitable it will be sent to a handling editor
3. The handling editor will send the paper for peer review by at least two indepentent reviewers.
4. The reviewers will send their recommendations to the handling editor
5. The handling editor will recommend minor revisions, major revisions, acceptance, resubmission, or decline the manuscript and following improvements to the paper and possible further peer review, return the finalised manuscript and decision to the EIC
6. The EIC will make the final decision over acceptance and if accepted forward the final revised manuscript to the managing editor to prepare the final proofs
Proofs will be sent as PDF files to the author by email. They must be checked and returned within five working days. CREAM team cannot be held responsible for errors not pointed out within five days by the authors.
Copyright will be held by Beijing Academy of Agriculture and Forestry Sciences, so that data can be indexed in Facesoffungi, MycoBank and other databases. However, authors are encouraged to deposit their papers online and make them freely downloadable. They can also use their data and publish it elsewhere without permission from CREAM. We will shortly adopt a Creative Commons Copyright License applicable to this site.
Entire manuscripts should be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org